Doug K leaving WSAZ

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

ap news alert wrote:Hey Redsfan76,

How's it going Justin? Yeah, we all know it's you posting on here about yourself. Let's set the record straight.

1) You were DEMOTED at WSAZ because the viewers didn't like you and the staff couldn't stand you.

2) You got a job in Detroit (Market 11 by the way) because YOU are young and cheap. WSAZ isn't the only station following that trend so wake up.

3) Adam Joseph WILL be going to the network. You will probably self-destruct at your new station like you did at WSAZ and end up living in your old bedroom at Mommy's house.

4) Maybe if you weren't so smug, conceited and egotistical you would have had a better experience at WSAZ. If Detroit is so great, move on, and stop visiting this site.
ouch.... :lol:
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
genlock

Post by genlock »

Somebody told me today was Amy Katcher's last day.
Is that correct? Going to Tennessee?.
Lotta shows for two mets to do.
Maybe John Marra could substitute.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

genlock wrote:Maybe John Marra could substitute.
Maybe they will bring back Jed Flowers. 8O
RedsFan76

Post by RedsFan76 »

ap news alert wrote:Hey Redsfan76,

How's it going Justin? Yeah, we all know it's you posting on here about yourself. Let's set the record straight.

1) You were DEMOTED at WSAZ because the viewers didn't like you and the staff couldn't stand you.

2) You got a job in Detroit (Market 11 by the way) because YOU are young and cheap. WSAZ isn't the only station following that trend so wake up.

3) Adam Joseph WILL be going to the network. You will probably self-destruct at your new station like you did at WSAZ and end up living in your old bedroom at Mommy's house.

4) Maybe if you weren't so smug, conceited and egotistical you would have had a better experience at WSAZ. If Detroit is so great, move on, and stop visiting this site.
Nope not Justin but thanks for playing not sure if that is a compliment or a knock, but either way wanna try again. Scott Sabol? How about Erin Jordan? Wait maybe Mister Cartoon!
RedsFan76

Post by RedsFan76 »

Who is the oldest anchor now? Rob? Deborah?
I believe it is Jack Kane at WOWK
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Mom and dad are proud....

...and Huntington and Charleston are full of weird hillbillies who sit around and do nothing.

You guys may have your reasons for disliking this guy, but it looks to me like he has everything it takes and has been making all the right moves.... :?
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
ap news alert

Post by ap news alert »

Arp2, if you knew the little jerkoff you wouldn't be so quick to defend him. I promise.
Lee

Post by Lee »

THAT'S ENOUGH!!!

I'm sick of all this slander...

Now let's get back to Jessica's tits.
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
mediaeye

Post by mediaeye »

Ap News Alert is quick to go after her former co-workers.

Instead of writing mean messages, she should get her tight-sweatered self back to Channel 3/My Z's newsroom.
ap news alert

Post by ap news alert »

AP News Alert isn't at work right now. And AP News alert is not just one person. You should know that media eye. Learn how to play the game.
mediaeye

Post by mediaeye »

Fair enough. I just call them as I see them.
ap news alert

Post by ap news alert »

RE: Ap News Alert
This is true. There are several people who have the coveted password to log in as AP News Alert. This vast conspiracy has allowed many to enjoy anonymous posting. God bless. I also must mention that the "tight-sweater" does not read the message board anymore. At least that's what I heard.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Just so you know "Dave In The Morning" is not just one person, either. Its a composite of all the voices in my head.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

That is as bad as the phone call I got at work asking if C. Garison was available. 8O

I said, "No, but I can leave Garison a message."
8)
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
genlock

Post by genlock »

I think WSAZ hired a weatherman from OAK HILL.

This is a new low.
Cosmo087

Why New Low?

Post by Cosmo087 »

Why is a hire from Oak Hill "a new low?" Penny Moss worked in Oak Hill. Check the bios of successful television people all over the country and many started at some of the worst stations around? You're not bad if you worked at WOAY, you're bad if you can't LEAVE WOAY.

Everyone likes to take jabs at WSAZ yet the station still pulls down ratings that the other two stations combined and tripled can't meet. They must be doing something right. How do you explain talent like Irr, Johnson, Morehouse, Moss, Cavalier, Murray, Shafer? They've all worked there a long time. All have the talent and ability to leave...why haven't they? Can't be all bad there. What other station in the market has as many on staff that have been there as long.....NONE!

NEWSFLASH...people leave jobs for better opportunities. Joseph left for an O&O station in a top 5 market. Teachman now lives in her home state. Willey moved to a top 30 O&O. Sabol is back home in Cleveland. All of these moves had NOTHING to do with WSAZ, it's management, it's quality but rather the opportunity to get closer to home or flat out make more money plain and simple.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

cgarison wrote:That is as bad as the phone call I got at work asking if C. Garison was available. 8O

I said, "No, but I can leave Garison a message."
8)
Hallburn?
1_mn_bnd

Post by 1_mn_bnd »

I wonder what Doug K thinks about all this banter - started over him!

AP news alert is correct: WSAZ is not the only station in the world hiring talent on the cheap.

Cosmo is aslo right, people are going else where for better opportunities.

But here's what gets me - Doug is a GREAT reporter. Nobody knows Huntington or Cabell county as well as Doug. And Doug is leaving for a "better opportunity". Its just a shame that he couldn't get that at SAZ.

Just seems the station could be cutting off its nose to spite its face.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

1_mn_bnd wrote:I wonder what Doug K thinks about all this banter - started over him!

AP news alert is correct: WSAZ is not the only station in the world hiring talent on the cheap.

Cosmo is aslo right, people are going else where for better opportunities.

But here's what gets me - Doug is a GREAT reporter. Nobody knows Huntington or Cabell county as well as Doug. And Doug is leaving for a "better opportunity". Its just a shame that he couldn't get that at SAZ.

Just seems the station could be cutting off its nose to spite its face.
well said doug... :lol:
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
RedsFan76

Post by RedsFan76 »

What better opportunity has Jim Treacy left for? The rotating chair of weekend sports anchors need to be told they are not auditioning for Sportscenter. I've seen Mulvaney here and there filling in on sports the past few years, he looks to be the most experienced. What is his deal, has he been promoted?