Marshall freshman and WMUL-FM DJ found dead

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

The-Hammer

Marshall freshman and WMUL-FM DJ found dead

Post by The-Hammer »

Link
The Charleston Daily Mail wrote: A Marshall University freshman was found dead at his home in Huntington.

Adam Johnson, 22, of 737 7th St., was found by family members when he did not show up to work with his father Monday morning, said Sgt. J. Williams of the Huntington Police Department.

"His family went to check on him and found him," Williams said.

Johnson's body was transported to the state medical examiner's office in Charleston, Williams said.

The cause of death has not yet been determined.

Johnson had not decided on a specific area of study, but had an interest in electronic media management, said Adam Cavalier, a Marshall journalism student.

He volunteered at the university radio station, WMUL, once a week for an eclectic music program called "The Oscillating Zoo."

Cavalier, also the production manager at WMUL, said Johnson was a member of his production staff. "He was always dependable and reliable about producing a quality product," Cavalier said.
I didn't know him very well personally, but he was rock-solid dependable and put on a good show.
Anthony DiNozzo: "I'm a white male between the ages of 18 and 49 with a loud mouth and a gun. I am the American Dream."

"Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it" - Ambrose's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law.
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

Adam was the nephew of my boss's wife. Found this on huntingtonnews.net

WMUL-FM Disc Jockey, Two Others Dead
Deadly Heroin Circulating; MU Student Found Dead in His Home, Arrest Made

By Tony Rutherford
Huntington News Network Writer

Huntington, WV (HNN) – A Marshall University freshman and host of student radio station WMUL-FM’s “Oscillating Zooâ€
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Sad story.

This is a serious problem and no one seems to have a solution.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

fanofbigmedia wrote:Sad story.

drugs are bad, m'kay!

that's my solution.
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

fanofbigmedia wrote:Sad story.

Uh......don't use them????? :?

Actually, most so-called "serious problems" have very simple solutions!
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

Heroin is some SCARY stuff...blech...
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Occam's razor.

Yeah, heroin is for the hardcore folks. Most of the recreational users I knew, even the ones who used something at least once a day, wouldn't go near the stuff.
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

herdgirl72 wrote:Heroin is some SCARY stuff...blech...
That's pretty universally known... so why the f*** would anyone even start to mess with it?
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

For the same reason anyone gets hooked onto any drug, to look for a better high. If you're an amateur drug taker, the lure of twice the high for half the price of four lines and an E is very tempting.

Having been pumped full of morphine several times - legal heroin, more or less - I can understand someone wanting to feel like that as often as possible, particularly if they have nothing else in life that's enjoyable, and everyone knows the mantra of an addict is "I can quit any time I like"....
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.