WZZW (AM 1600 in Milton)

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

Echo, echo, echo....
Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.
oldtvman2

Post by oldtvman2 »

Thanks for the WGAY web site, brought back a lot of memories. Cousin Johnny liked to run over on his show and i had a preacher that wanted to start on time, so i would hold a spot that i had to do from Ashland, Johnny did his show on 11 st in Huntington over a jewelry store. and when i would do that last sopt Johnny was GONE. boy did he get mad. he would say he wanted to close out his show, i told him DO IT ON TIME. he went on to be a Judge in Cattlesburg Ky. by the way the copy book at WTCR was a small loose leafe notebook with the name of the sponser and what they had on sale that day no written copy. we had one woman who would sign her copy with a small feather. it was for a food market. as a matter of fact Picklesimers Food Market and she was reffered to as "MIS TICKEL FEATHER" I hope i spelled it right. lot of fun times just make it up as you go. another thing Seeb said that the girl who made up the logs could make a mistake and log a beer or tobacco spot near a religious show, BUT if you run it you are fired. no such spot with in 5 min before or 5 min after such show.
REV. ED
engineer

Post by engineer »

lastone wrote:I visited PNS the week it went on. 130% negative and the #2 phase off by 8 points....but it was a typical "in trailer" setup. Never understood the coverage. There just wasn't anything in Putnam back then to support a county coverage only station. And they were stuck with the "tight" directional shape. What a waste
There is no real value of -130 %. Once the carrier is off the duration is not a linear progressing value such as -95 or -99. Such a measurement would more accurately be described as a log value of the carrier cut-off vs. duration of the peak. Positive values are easily measured on a linear scale using a scope. All mod monitors are very inaccurate measuring duration once the carrier is off. The duration of the cutoff may be much shorter than indicated on a mod monitor. Maybe the station you are describing is trying to make their tower "burn safe." You might as well turn up the modulation some more and see how often you can touch the tower. :o
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

OH MY GOD 1600 IS OFF

THEIR TOWER IS DOWN

- THEY'RE DARK!

What? Routine maintenance? Nevermind.

Keeping you informed (and your kids safe)...
WV Message Board September 2006
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear