Huntington stuff

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

The Big Ear

Huntington stuff

Post by The Big Ear »

You know, the K-Love 94.1 little FM station actually sounds really clean on the car stereo if you're in Huntington. It does drop off fairly sharply around the 29th street exit. But if downtown is their target - which makes sense with most of the churches right there - then it's a nice signal. The music & voice quality is excellent in town.

I wonder how much you'd have to spend in license & equipment to just pop on the air like that? BTW, how will they fund this because I haven't heard any local commercials while flipping through.

Speaking of signal, what's up with WVHU? Is something wrong with the signal there lately? Having to run on low power in daytime? That thing has been really poor lately once you get just a bit outside of Huntington. Lots of static bleeds in. Waiting for a part or something?

I know... get satellite radio if you want a good signal. Sorry, I'm CHEAP! Besides with my A.D.D.-laced listening patterns, I might break a wrist constantly flipping through 200 channels. :)
fearpeddler

Re: Huntington stuff

Post by fearpeddler »

The Big Ear wrote: Besides with my A.D.D.-laced listening patterns, I might break a wrist constantly flipping through 200 channels. :)
My wife's xm has a remote.... just get one of those models and tape the remote to the steering wheel :wink: