WCHS Noon Anchor

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

#1 Meredith Wood has a great last name.

#2 I didn't see her anchor, but I bet not one single viewer thought she did a bad job. Who cares what message board nerds think? Except for me. Everyone cares what I think.

#3 I ask again. In what market should someone get a first shot at something like that if not this market?

#4 Jessica Ralston loves me. Even on her vacation all she could think about was me.

#5 I think any format can be hard or easy. It depends on the air talent and the amount of effort involved.

#6 Rock radio is not hard to do. It is hard to do well. Believe me. I know. I have yet to do it well.

#7 Jessica Ralston REALLY loves me.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

It is very interesting, though, to find out what people outside the media actually think about those on the radio or TV. Just the other day I had someone call the station to complain about the suck ass job I do in the morning. Finally I had to say, "Look, Mom, I have to go...I'm on the air here!"

Friggin' whore.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
genlock

Post by genlock »

I suspect contracts may be up soon so WCHS may have to get a few people ready to do the job, just in case.
And another thing, most if not all of the successful anchors have a personality. Does it seem to you that all new J-school grads are taught to deliver the news like zombies? Maybe it is just the confidence factor or experience, but Jenifer and Deborah seem to be real people on the air, not zombies. Seems like all new reporters present the news without any feeling.
soccerguy

Post by soccerguy »

WE INTERUPT THIS MESSAGE BOARD PISSING WAR THREAD FOR THE FOLLOWING....

Honestly, I saw the broadcast and I think she did an awesome job for her first time behind the anchor desk. She rushed through things a lot, but that was because she was nervous which is completely normal.

WE NOW RESUME THE PISSING WAR...ALREADY IN PRO...UH....MIDSTREAM.

:)
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Nunley seems to be real on the radio airwaves....all but the fake boobs.
Schaffer

Post by Schaffer »

Jay's man tits are real. It was one of his ten questions on Allaccess.com. I think it came right after his "can't make it through the day without cokes and smokes" quote.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Schaffer wrote:Jay's man tits are real.
I take it you've been talking to your sister again.

See, that's why I had to stop doing her every day and all night. I also had to stop waxing that ass because Jessica Ralston gets too jealous.

Anyway, your sister talks too much. The only time she doesn't talk too much is when her mouth is full. You would think as good as your mom is that she would have taught your sister a thing or two, but no.

I had to teach her a bunch of stuff. I will give her credit. She is very energetic and very interested in learning new skills. One interesting fact is after I taught her a few things she began to pick up on the rest of it all by herself. Another interesting thing is how similar in style she is to your mother. Even without your mother teaching her anything, she has very similar moves, moans, and desires. I guess eye color isn't the only thing that is genetic.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

lemme translate jay's last statement......
Jay Nunley wrote: Image
does that sum it up??? :twisted: :lol:
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

genlock wrote:I suspect contracts may be up soon so WCHS may have to get a few people ready to do the job, just in case.
And another thing, most if not all of the successful anchors have a personality. Does it seem to you that all new J-school grads are taught to deliver the news like zombies? Maybe it is just the confidence factor or experience, but Jenifer and Deborah seem to be real people on the air, not zombies. Seems like all new reporters present the news without any feeling.
Isn't that what happens to radio newbies, too? You're too busy thinking about the mechanics to think about the art.
Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

There is an art to this?
genlock

Post by genlock »

You talk very fast on the air, Daveinthemorning.
Too much coffee?
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Cocaine.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

daveinthemorning wrote:Cocaine.
wow, you're makin good money then.... :lol:
genlock

Post by genlock »

FearPeddler wrote:
daveinthemorning wrote:Cocaine.
wow, you're makin good money then.... :lol:
He really ment "Propane".
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

daveinthemorning wrote:It is very interesting, though, to find out what people outside the media actually think about those on the radio or TV. Just the other day I had someone call the station to complain about the suck ass job I do in the morning. Finally I had to say, "Look, Mom, I have to go...I'm on the air here!"

Friggin' whore.
True story..I was at a remote recently when I gave a t-shirt to a guy who bought a bunch of stuff from the vendor. He looked at the shirt, looked at me and said "are you that girl from the radio?" I said, "yes, I'm Rocky". He said, "OMG, I can't STAND you! I listen to your station at work because that's all I get but when you come on at 5:30am I turn you off". I said, "Are you related to Rod?"

I will say it bothered me little but then I just blew it off. He actually had to come back into the store because he forgot something. When he passed by me he said, "I'm going to burn my shirt" as he was laughing.
Big friggin jerk.

I actually gave him a "shout out" the following Monday morning precisely at 5:35am. I know I shouldn't have but I did.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Thanks for the shout-out.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

If you're getting that kind of reaction you must be doing SOMETHING right.
Remember, ratings are a memory game, not a popularity game.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

genlock wrote:Thanks for the shout-out.
LMAO!!!! well timed!

Bob Campbell wrote:If you're getting that kind of reaction you must be doing SOMETHING right.
Remember, ratings are a memory game, not a popularity game.
memory game yes. BUT, in the "diary" world (which is the reason it is the memory game) how many people with diaries do you think will write down listening to someone that they can't stand.

that would be admitting to themselves that they're doing something that they really don't like to do. these same people will scowl at their friends when they say that they like Rocky, then try to discourage them from listening... public humiliation is the only way to deal with this problem. let the beatings begin.

i know, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery blah, blah, blah....
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Howard,Rush, Mancow, Hot Hits (the Mike Joseph format), I rest my case.

I've found that 9 out of 10 people who say they hate my show and never listen can recite verbatim bits that I've forgotten doing. There's a car dealer in St. Alban's (right by the bridge, can't remember the name) who told my GM (Tom Collins) at 102 that he never listened to my show, it was awful, filthy and disgusting and he'd never advertise with us. He then repeated about a week's worth of bits. Collins basically said, "so you don't listen huh?". The guy was on the air the next week.

And, despite what many think, I believe people are for the most part very honest about their recall when they fill out diaries.

One more thing then I'll go back to fucking up my show...are there pictures of the new CHS news babe up yet????
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

Yeah, it was funny, he quoted lines from the show verbatum so I knew he was full of crap. :roll: