Sign of the Apocalypse! Imus on RFD-TV!

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

After a major technical meltdown ruined Don Imus's second day on the air, radio insiders are buzzing about what went wrong.

Apparently, a glitch prevented Imus from hosting a substantial part of his first hour, a problem broadcasters blame on the I-Man's focus on tiny RFD-TV, rather than his much larger radio affiliates. In fact, his show doesn't even originate from WABC's studios, instead coming from a makeshift television studio across the street.

Mainstream media reporters are so busy sucking up to their liberal friend that none of them have bothered to note today's fiasco. But radio observers were emailing your Radio Equalizer this morning about the troubles.

At the New York Radio Message Board, made up of broadcasters and traditionally a bastion of Imus support, participants were quick to lay blame:

MORE....

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2007 ... nical.html
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

I'm still trying to figure out what imus did to earn the label "shock jock"... I thought there had to be some consistent offensivness before such a title could be given? :?:
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

FearPeddler wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what imus did to earn the label "shock jock"...
He continued doing morning radio after the term made it into the lexicon of the stupid news media.

Rather than being the least bit concerned with whether it was true, the news media, being stupid, simply repeated it, thinking they sounded smarter, hipper, and "more-variety-er" every time they did.
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

I was reading that NY message board and someone listening said that his sports guy didn't know the score of the Pats/Ravens game from last night.
Hello?
You're the sports guy. That's your job.
Wow.
"The whole thing was just a nightmare," Rodriguez said.

LOL!!
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

I find Don Imus to be difficult to even understand at times with his mumbling, and his ability to land a high-paying gig at WABC in replacing a morning show that drew higher numbers than he used to pull at WFAN is rather baffling to me. In my opinion he has name recognition going for him, but not much else.
On Twitter: @LouPickney
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

Arp2 wrote:
FearPeddler wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what imus did to earn the label "shock jock"...
He continued doing morning radio after the term made it into the lexicon of the stupid news media.

Rather than being the least bit concerned with whether it was true, the news media, being stupid, simply repeated it, thinking they sounded smarter, hipper, and "more-variety-er" every time they did.
that helps, sadly the only thing I knew of don imus before his little incident, if thats what you wanna call it, was what I saw in the howard stern movie :lol: and stern made him out to be an anal retentive saint...
nuggie99

Post by nuggie99 »

From Today's Daily Mail Vent Line

SuddenLink needs to start carrying RFD-TV. I want my Imus in the morning. I need my Imus in the morning. Also, a local radio station needs to start carrying the Imus show. The ratings will increase tremendously.