Things People Say

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dave Allen

Things People Say

Post by Dave Allen »

So, my wife comes home from a long day at work (whatever it is she does..she works in some big building in Charleston and makes lots of money is all I know). Anyway, she was discussing the rudeness of some of her co-workers. Seems they were having a big luncheon and some of the office people jumped in front of the guests in line at the buffet. My lovely wife (and Nunley's sex partner) actually said,

"Even radio people know not to do that."

Damn.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Arp2

Re: Things People Say

Post by Arp2 »

daveinthemorning wrote:So, my wife comes home from a long day at work (whatever it is she does..she works in some big building in Charleston and makes lots of money is all I know).

Wow.....wild...... :?

Well, let's see if we can find some clues......
Anyway, she was discussing the rudeness of some of her co-workers. Seems they were having a big luncheon and some of the office people jumped in front of the guests in line at the buffet.
Ah ha! She must work in government!

Only from center-city politicians and government workers have I seen that happen!

:P
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

You forgot the car salesmen when you're doing a remote with free food. They are like sharks in bloody water.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Amen. I have seen them walk away from a car deal to get to the pizza. And they say RADIO people are bad???
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

But actually cut in front of people?? Again, I've seen that only from center-city and former-trial-lawyer politicians and government workers.

Car salesmen go for the food? Oh, sure! But cut in front of waiting customers or guests to do it? No, I haven't seen that! :lol:
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

These are insurance people.
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

I hate those car salesmen dudes...the first thing out of their mouth when you walk in the door to do a remote, "where's the food?"...."such & such station ALWAYS brings food"...to which I say, "well, I'm trying to bring you customers".

I had one guy tell me that he didn't want customers just the free pizza as he went to sit in a showroom minivan and take a nap.
True story.
"The whole thing was just a nightmare," Rodriguez said.

LOL!!
AARON SCOTT

Post by AARON SCOTT »

I had a guy at a used car lot ask me to leave a remote and go get paper plates. I guess the paper towels were not good enough for the pizza.
True story
kriss kross will make ya jump, jump
Clay JD Walker

Post by Clay JD Walker »

One of my first remotes down here...100 degrees, and we were told to bring a sandwitch tray...with mayo and the whole nine...2 hours in the sun, they were fightin' to get it...

Or, like today, while doing our toy drive, well-to-do people askin' "Hey...whatchyall got fer free?" While the ones that appear not to have a pot to piss in give you the world.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

herdgirl72 wrote:I hate those car salesmen dudes...the first thing out of their mouth when you walk in the door to do a remote, "where's the food?"...."such & such station ALWAYS brings food"...to which I say, "well, I'm trying to bring you customers".

I had one guy tell me that he didn't want customers just the free pizza as he went to sit in a showroom minivan and take a nap.
True story.
True story of my own.....

Years ago, I showed up for a car remote one Saturday and was met by a couple of salespeople who had been standing around where I was about to set up.

"Oh, good! It's you!" one said.

I looked behind me to see who might be there.

"Me?"

"Yeah, you! We're glad to see you...to see that it's you."

"Really? I thought you guys liked it better when _____ came out because they gave you all the leftover tickets and prizes." (I'd heard that I don't know how many times before.)

"_____ brings us prizes, but you bring us customers. We give you crap about it to see if you'll give us more stuff, but we're definitely happier to see you show up...especially at the end of the month." (which it was)

"I had no idea. I guess I never picked up on it...."

"Oh, yeah. _____ brings us a crowd, but most are coming for the giveaways and not a one of the few that looks around the lot will qualify for a loan. You bring us not as many people, but almost every one of them drives outta here in a car or truck different from the one they drove in in."

"Hunh....well, thanks! Glad to know that! I always thought you were being serious......"

The other salesman standing there turned to the first and said, "You idiot! He's gonna go right back to the station and raise our rates!!"

I hadn't really had that idea, either.

I thanked them both. :D
Mr. Tom Jones

Post by Mr. Tom Jones »

Television crews in search of free food are also pretty scary...
nuggie99

Post by nuggie99 »

daveinthemorning wrote:These are insurance people.
But to Arp's credit, many of them used to be gubbmint workers, IIRC.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Don't you love the car remotes where the salesmen eat all the food before you've done your first break?
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I used to do a remote from somewhere in Central City every Saturday. The saleswitch who sold these remotes also had some inside connection with Papa Johns and Coke so every Saturday morning from 10 AM to Noon, you could find me with loads of free pizza and Coke on the west end of Huntington. Every Saturday morning. From 10 AM to Noon.

The homeless don't typically carry a watch. Still, somehow they knew.

The day of the final Saturday, 10 AM to Noon, 14th Street West remote, there was a line of vagrants by the time I showed up at 9:50 AM.

That put a stop to that shit.
Clay JD Walker

Post by Clay JD Walker »

Or I loved at one past job, having to pick up the pizza and Papa John's...'Honey...I just don't have time...I've got a lunch date with my girlfriend'...

Then would make us grab the food, get the copy points, and collect the money...gah...
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

The last remote I did at a local furniture store, there was a homeless guy standing out front with one of the small boombox type radios. As soon as I said the first person who comes in will win a $50 gift certificate, the guy came in. Never mind the fact HE DIDN'T HAVE A HOME!!. Guess he can put 50 on a nice curio cabinet for his KENMORE BOX.