Remote help needed

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

sportsvoice

Remote help needed

Post by sportsvoice »

Wind noise is driving us crazy when doing high school baseball and softball in the spring. Since most fields don't have boxes, we set up under a 10x10 portable tent behind the backstop.

I need something a bit more effective than the stock windscreens on our Sennheiser HMD25 headsets, as well as something that fits the Beyer DT290s in our other kit. Anyone know of larger windscreens that fit those? I've seen some TV games where they've replaced the stock Sennheiser windscreens on the end of the boom with something larger.

I also use a shotgun mic behind the backstop to fill in sound from bat on ball, ball hitting the catcher's mitt, and the umpire's call. I guess for that mic I need to hunt down one of those big fuzzy blimp things.
genlock

Post by genlock »

"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
Cameron

Re: Remote help needed

Post by Cameron »

sportsvoice wrote:Wind noise is driving us crazy when doing high school baseball and softball in the spring. Since most fields don't have boxes, we set up under a 10x10 portable tent behind the backstop.

I need something a bit more effective than the stock windscreens on our Sennheiser HMD25 headsets, as well as something that fits the Beyer DT290s in our other kit. Anyone know of larger windscreens that fit those? I've seen some TV games where they've replaced the stock Sennheiser windscreens on the end of the boom with something larger.

I also use a shotgun mic behind the backstop to fill in sound from bat on ball, ball hitting the catcher's mitt, and the umpire's call. I guess for that mic I need to hunt down one of those big fuzzy blimp things.
You may be a bit uncomfortable ordering it for the first time, but the "Mic Muff" series is pretty damn good.

You can even stick small eyes on it and pretend it's a little cat.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
sportsvoice

Post by sportsvoice »

Thanks for the link. I kept finding shotgun mic blimps that cost $100 or more when I was looking.

The resemblance to a deceased longhair cat is striking. :lol:
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

if you're feelin like macgyver you could take some wire hangers and panty hose and rig sumthin up...