Firefox 3, Tuesday Launch.

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

genlock

Firefox 3, Tuesday Launch.

Post by genlock »

Just more than 10 years ago, Mozilla threw its open-source code into the public domain. Today, its browser -- Firefox -- is preparing to launch its third major release in hopes of continuing to eat away at Microsoft's Internet Explorer.
Firefox already has more than 18 percent of the global market, according to Net Applications. With the release of Firefox 3, Mozilla could see a boost in downloads and market share. Microsoft's next version of Internet Explorer won't come to market until later this year.

On June 17, Mozilla will release Firefox 3. After more than 34 months of active development and the contributions of thousands of people, Firefox 3 will be downloadable free from the Mozilla Web site. Mozilla is promising this is the best browser -- period.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
sportsvoice

Re: Firefox 3, Tuesday Launch.

Post by sportsvoice »

I got the beta version when I upgraded a machine to Ubuntu 8.04 distribution. Wasn't impressed. I wound up rolling back to Firefox 2.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

I've had the F3 beta for about a month now. It great, but there's still some incompatibilities. Like the CC and CBS stream player.

Hope all of that is fixed by tomorrow.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Like K-Rock, I have been on the Beta version for a while on one computer. I must day, V3 is a vast improvement both in functionality and appearance. I will never go back to IE. Never. You won't even be able to pry my Firefox from my cold dead hand. I promise. :lol:
Rock

Post by Rock »

Agreed. Very happy with Firefox. IE sux.
America is at that awkward stage.
It is too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards.
- Claire Wolfe
TimeEnuf

Post by TimeEnuf »

As much as I have been a fan of Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox since the beginning, my browser of choice is now Opera.
Loads a lot faster.....not to mention.....widgets!