"Today" post Ann Curry

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Greg Goodfellow

"Today" post Ann Curry

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

Does anyone here feel that "Today" will reverse its ratings slide by their move concerning Ann Curry? If there is a short-term decline based on how people perceive how she was treated and consequently bolt to GMA, the CBS offering or cable (which I've gone to, due to Bray Cary's action concerning DISH), will the show feel long-term ramifications, or is this just a blip? Personally, I've grown tired of "Today" and their focus on fluff and self-promotion.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
Big Media

Re: "Today" post Ann Curry

Post by Big Media »

I think NBC is using Ann Curry as a scapegoat. I am an Ann fan and I think she should have gotten the gig as soon as Katie Curry went. I am not a fan of the new chick.

All the network morning shows are stale, IMO.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Re: "Today" post Ann Curry

Post by Jay Nunley »

Anne Curry is not the cause of the slide in ratings nor will her departure cause a further slide or reverse the slide. As it has been said, their act is stale, and they haven't put out a product superior to the one put out by their competition.

About Anne Curry herself, she is vapid, insipid, devoid of talent, and just a few notches above Forest Gump on the intellectual scale. Every interview was like a celebrity interview, and not even a good celebrity interview.