The J. Giels band would be proud of WTRF

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Greg Goodfellow

The J. Giels band would be proud of WTRF

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

Oftentimes when watching either WTRF CBS or ABC, images freeze up or pixillate. Has anyone else that admits to watching WTRF in Wheeling noted this as well?
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
Hoss

Re: The J. Giels band would be proud of WTRF

Post by Hoss »

Cable is totally frustrating for me, I'd like to think the stations provide a solid signal, in the old days we had engineers that monitored the signal 24/7, called master control operators. When I pick a channel to watch I must change my aspect ratio to fill my screen. I would think all stations would deliver a 16x9 picture by now and certainly would never be a pillar box in a bread box in a pillar box. I had an option called just scan on my TV and it use to take care of most things and deliver what the provider was broadcasting. Additionally the cable people do not even answer the phone, just push this number options, and if you sit thru the three minutes and become successful and get to talk with a person it's your fault but they'll come out and when they find it's your fault, as defined by them because they never find anything, they charge you 60 bucks. Nobody regulates cable they just take franchise fees and dummy up.
I hold that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing. Thomas Jefferson, January 30, 1787.
Greg Goodfellow

Re: The J. Giels band would be proud of WTRF

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

I should have mentioned that I view both of WTRF’s stations via Dish, to be fair to all the cable systems out there. Again, NO other stations freeze-frame as much as Nexstar’s Wheeling offerings.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen