That Board is STILL there.

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

CoolBreeze

That Board is STILL there.

Post by CoolBreeze »

I took a little trip to Spencer today, to see the old radio station (WVRC) where I worked in 1969. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the very same control board that I used for 2 years back then. The station has changed a bit, like going to computers instead of the turntables we used. When I worked at V-100 (it was WVAF Christian music at the time) they had all the most modern equipment like cart machines, but in Spencer, they were still using reel to reel 3 inch tapes for commercials. It was a real culture shock.

https://www.mywvhome.com/Board.html
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
CoolBreeze

Re: That Board is STILL there.

Post by CoolBreeze »

Someone told me that was a 70s Board, but it looked exactly like the one I used and the manager told me it was so....
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker