WTAJ-TV live truck flipped

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Ace Purple

WTAJ-TV live truck flipped

Post by Ace Purple »

Students at Penn State tonight flipped over a WTAJ-TV (CBS affiliate in the market), owned by Nexstar Broadcasting.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232 ... -truck.jpg

(h/t: @jon_wertheim)
On Twitter: @LouPickney
cgarison

Re: WTAJ-TV live truck flipped

Post by cgarison »

Looks like Penn State finally upped couch burning at WVU.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
genlock

Post by genlock »

I wonder if WTAJ (or their insurance carrier) could sue the university for replacement costs?
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

genlock wrote:I wonder if WTAJ (or their insurance carrier) could sue the university for replacement costs?
The insurance carrier will gladly collect the cash it outlayed to replace WTAJ's live truck from Penn State's self insurance fund or re-insurance provider. When I broke my arm this spring while clearing snow at the end of my driveway, my health insurunce campany tried to collect its loss from my home owners policy and the neighborhood home owners association for not providing adequate clearing of the drive where I slipped. :roll:

The good news, Aetna failed to collect and had to eat the about $2500.00 in medical costs associated with the incident.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.