Dave Blomquist quits at WKKX

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Talk Junkie

No one else has noticed (or cared).......

Post by Talk Junkie »

That muthaluvfan is either muthaluv him/herself, a family member or another employee of the station. "Muthaluvfan" always has "important inside information" when posting on this forum. My question is: Important to who? The six employees that work there?

Muthaluv's INCREDIBLE EGO and speech patterns always give him/her away on this board when he posts about how great the station and Muthaluv are. I have never felt compelled to post until today. Muthaluv whined today like the station was his baby. Hell, give him enough time and he'll tell you he invented the radio. Why the big head for this as5-kisser???? Because he worked for a half-assed, third-rate indoor "football" team that won the league title while NEVER being good entertainment or a good investment for its owners? DUDE! That's NO reason to think that you're smart. What were your credentials in the first place? Sports Management degree? Ummmmm, NO. Great HS football player? Ummmmmm, NOPE. College football player? Ummmmmmm, NO. College degree? Ummmmm, No. WVNCC degree? Ummmmm, NO. Check your ego, Clock Puncher.

Muthaluv sounded VERY bitter today, like he was a jilted lover, while he was talking about Blomquist's exit, stage left. Muthaluv denigrated Blomquist for his "Morning Zoo" style, when he was an enabler and an accomplice, and was more sophmoric than most others. Now he wants to pontificate that Blomquist's style was was "Morning Zoo". Blomquist gave the station owners exactly what they wanted. And to bust Blomquist's balls for that now is completely dishonest. And then to go on the air and act like there's a big story behind it all and not say what it is, is not only bad radio, it's childish. The truth is that 1600's owners are cheap, and WWVA decided that they would , for whatever reason, like to own the 6 A.M. to 10 A.M. slot. And now they own it. Muthaluv bashed Powerful Pierre when he left to better his lot in life. Muthaluv is just a whore to that big $8.00-an-hour carrot that the attorney that owns the station dangles out there for him. Way to party, "Big Market".

I'll give Bloomquist credit. He put energy into the show and has talent. He was on a little piss-ant station that uses less wattage than my Mr. Coffee. And Blomquist will SLAUGHTER 1600's ass in the mornings. It was only a matter of time before someone lured him away.

If it's true that WWVA has hired Blomquist, then 1600 is F#CKED. WWVA will rule the huge metropolis of Wheeling until Kellas comes on at 3:00 P.M. And that's not a given anymore. Even before Kellas learned that he had cancer (I pray to GOD that he beats it), he began to show his true colors with his liberal rants, conspiracy theories and guests like Hal O'leary, who seem as if they were beamed down from an alien spaceship. Nanu, Nanu, Motherf#cker. I used to listen BECAUSE of Kellas, and would switch to 1600 because he was on the air. I now switch from 1600 when Kellas is on the air. This station got away from the fundamentals that made people want to listen. Blomquist was the last remaining reason for listeners to want to listen, and sponsors to want to sponsor.

Now they've got shows like The "Broadcast". After about 30 seconds of listening to those women whine about the minutae of everyday life, you're left hoping that a meteor will crush you to death. And trying to listen to "The Legislative Watchdogs" is less preferrable than taking a bullet to the head. The guys that they have on that show are so liberal that I'm sure that their asses are pink. And the next time that one of them forms a complete, grammatically correct sentence, it will be the first. And Theresa T, the lawyer, it's just more of the same pink-assed, brown and runny, conspiracy-theory liberalism.

Blomquist did a huge favor to the remaining 15 listeners yesterday. Now no one will have to tune in. All that's left is bad small-market radio with a 9-volt signal.

R.I.P WKKX.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

This is getting good!

:wink: :lol: 8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:This is getting good!

:wink: :lol: 8)
yah, the troll are coming out daily now... and they're almost as angry as me :lol:
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
Uncle Shishkabob

Post by Uncle Shishkabob »

1170 IS running a bumper saying tune in Thursday MAy 31st at 6am. Let the games begin.
...and in Washington 2 peopls and in Newark a windmill and an armadillo!
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Maddog wrote:And since it seems that this is a serious thread and not just more of the normal WKKX chatter, could those of us interested in Wheeling be allowed to have a serious discussion about the happenings in our market.
Always allowed to have serious discussions about Wheeling!

It's the insanity we're not fond of. You know.....the "my 1.1 is bigger than your 1.0, you little *#$*!!!" "Oh, yeah? Well, just you wait, you relative fornicator! With Joe Blow now on, we're about to explode to 1.2!"

As a matter of fact, we wonder why no one talks about the music stations in Wheeling.....
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
lovetalkradio

Post by lovetalkradio »

WKKX has done some good things and no one thought they would last this long. I supported WKKX because I wanted local talk back in the Valley. It's clear that someone needs to watch the watch dawg.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

...Tainted Luv
Teddy the Taint
Mutha Luv
Bloomquist

Seriously guys... What the hell is in the water up there?
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Nothing fatal, more's the pity... :roll:
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
The Snake

Post by The Snake »

fanofbigmedia wrote:..Seriously guys... What the hell is in the water up there?

Waste and chemicals from Wheeling Pitt steel mill.

What happened to my post from yesterday? Looks like someone decide it wasn't worth being in this thread....... :roll:
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

The Snake wrote:

What happened to my post from yesterday? Looks like someone decide it wasn't worth being in this thread....... :roll:
looks like you've fell victim to censorship :roll:
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

No governement agencies are involved in this website, therefore... no censorship.

However, your advertisement for satellite radio WAS removed. If you wish to contribute to this thread, feel free. If you wish to flamebait, go home.
lovetalkradio

Post by lovetalkradio »

Sports Saturday Show

The WKKX Sports Saturday Show is not very good during football season. In our area High School football is king. There are a few problems. They use a basketball coach to talk about football. Two or three of the panel never even played HS football. They really only know one team well and that is Wheeling Central. If your not a fan of Wheeling Central (and there are very few since they are lucky to get 800 to a game mainly because they are getting kids from PA and Ohio to play) there is no reason to listen to the sports show. When WKKX first went on the air they talked how they were going to broadcast many schools on the radio station. So far I think 4 or 5 local schools have actually been on air. WKKX has become is another tool/way to promote Wheeling Central sports and let's remember where the owner and sons went to school.

Nepotism

Don't bother to try to get hired at WKKX. Nepotism runs wild at the station. They have hired maybe 2-3 people in the three years they have been on air. It so happens they have been friends of employees or owner that have been hired. They did have a so called internship a year or so ago. It was just a way to justify to hire someone with no radio experience and keep it in house. The intern was from Wheeling Central and I believe that the parent knew the owner. Quite odd they did not have another intern since that one.

Contest
They do have some cool contests. They had one called So You Think You Can Talk. Anyone could have 30 min of air time. Seems this contest has suddenly disappeared. They did load the deck having some 'friends' in the contest who have been on air before, but they did not score well,, As I see it, they did away with this contest because WKKX realized the friends were not going to win and would actually hire someone outside the circle.

Promise
WKKX had so much promise. The first year they did rather well making it an Ohio Valley radio station. I know I was cheering for them as well as many others. They labeled themselves as the Watch Dawg. Now the Watch Dawg will close it's eyes and sleep if problems hit close to the inner circle or favored cities or towns. I hope WKKX can get back to the way it was that first year. A Ohio Valley radio talk show.
The Snake

Post by The Snake »

[quote="lovetalkradio"]Sports Saturday Show

Nepotism

Bob Fitzsimmons............ KKX takes care of their own.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

fanofbigmedia wrote:...Seriously guys... What the hell is in the water up there?
"There are 23 heavy metals that concern us because of occupational or residential exposure: antimony, arsenic, bismuth, cadmium, cerium, chromium, cobalt, copper, gallium, gold, iron, lead, manganese, mercury, nickel, platinum, silver, tellurium, thallium, tin, uranium, vanadium, and zinc.

"Heavy metal toxicity can result in damaged or reduced mental and central nervous function. Long-term exposure may result in progressive physical, muscular, and neurological degenerative processes that mimic Alzheimer's disease and other chronic diseases."
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

:wink:
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Maddog

Post by Maddog »

Arp2 wrote:
Maddog wrote:And since it seems that this is a serious thread and not just more of the normal WKKX chatter, could those of us interested in Wheeling be allowed to have a serious discussion about the happenings in our market.
Always allowed to have serious discussions about Wheeling!

It's the insanity we're not fond of. You know.....the "my 1.1 is bigger than your 1.0, you little *#$*!!!" "Oh, yeah? Well, just you wait, you relative fornicator! With Joe Blow now on, we're about to explode to 1.2!"

As a matter of fact, we wonder why no one talks about the music stations in Wheeling.....
There is no real discussion of the music stations in Wheeling because there is no real competition. The six stations owned by Clear Channel and soon to be Good Radio dominate the market. Kiss FM destroyed the heritage station WOMP-FM, and Keymarket now has the JACK and Oldies formats, both of which do ok, but neither pose any real threat to the 4 FM's of WOVK, Eagle 107, Mix 97.3, and Kiss FM. Even Clear Channel's Adult Standards format on low powered 1400 AM gets good ratings for an AM music station. The only real competition in Wheeling that still exists is in the AM talk radio world, and if WWVA has coaxed Blomquist away from WKKX, which from the TV commercials and stunting promos on WWVA for Thursday, May 31 at 6:00 am with the Bloomdaddy Experience theme music playing in the background seem to indicate, then WWVA will probably once again gain a stranglehold back on the news/talk format. I do not mind the syndicated line up of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Hannity and Savage, but that Quinn & Rose in the Morning out of Pittsburgh really blew (it was added when the Pittsburgh Clear Channel market started a FM news/talk format), and I suppose that it is going away due to the impending sale of the Wheeling stations. I will be great to have local talk back on WWVA in the morning.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Maddog wrote:There is no real discussion of the music stations in Wheeling because there is no real competition.
Except in a bound-and-gagged hostage situation in which one is forced to listen to a nearby radio, there is always competition!
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

lovetalkradio

Post by lovetalkradio »

The big rumor I am hearing is WKKX will bring in Dimitri Vassilaros from 10am-12pm and drop the Broadcast. I doubt this will happen since WKKX is tight with the money. Also they would not free up any money dropping the Broadcast as they would just move everyone to sales.

WKKX is is going to have a hard time competing with Bloomquist in the mornings as he has a following. WWVA seems to want to get back into local talk radio, they could use the deeper pockets and hire Dimitri and have him on from 3-6 and really hurt WKKX as he would be the only one I think could beat Kellas.

When all is said and done the biggest winner that will come of this is the listeners.

Now only if WTRF would be sold so Wheeling can get it's news station back. I am tiered of hearing about the meth labs in Southern WV and knowing it will be partly cloudy in Elkins.