Dave Blomquist quits at WKKX

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Uncle Shishkabob

Post by Uncle Shishkabob »

At least in Wheeling Dimitri's talents would be waisted in the 10-noon slot. He's drive time material!(good fit on WWVA in afternoon drive) WOW head to head Dimitri vs George, that would be interesting. As far as Dave in morning drive on WWVA, if his schtick is the same as it was on KKX do you really think he will build on the audience he had in Ohio, Marshall and Belmont counties on 1600? I don't think so, however if he does a well thought out show like Dimitri did on WWVA that's a horse of a different color.

Even though I am not a big fan of KKX for most of the content on the station, I will say George sounded good yesterday. Glad to hear he is on the mend. He covered some good topics..decent stuff.
...and in Washington 2 peopls and in Newark a windmill and an armadillo!
Greg Goodfellow

Bloomquist

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

I'll give him a listen, as I don't receive WKKX. I remember what he did on 7, and he kept me entertained. However, if his approach is as sophomoric as most here describe it, he'll have to do a much better job for a 50,000 watt flamethrower.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
smokin gun

Post by smokin gun »

Bloomy will do as well as he wants to. The guy can be very professional when he wants to be. The interesting thing to listen for is his relationship with WWVA's news partner, WTRF. After bashing the station on KKX, he now must get along with them again. I don't think he'll have a problem and I'm looking forward to hearing the show. If he does half as well as everyone thinks, KKX will soon be static. AMEN!
Crusader1980

Post by Crusader1980 »

Bloomer should do whats best for his family, they should always come first. If the decision was made due to money, then who can blame David?

I will miss he and Mutha together, they had chemistry. This chemistry was discovered in a Wal-Mart bathroom, when John was not even in radio.

There is no solid info that Dimitri would come to KKX. Why would he?
If the 1170 management team was here and heard how well Dimmy did, I doubt if they would let KKX have him, without an offer of their own.

I will miss the Experience. What will be REALLY interesting is who of David's friends will go with him to 1170. I expect a war of words for months unless KKX has already made alternative plans.

Fitz, might be time to hire a "radio" guy to run KKX.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

Crusader1980 wrote: This chemistry was discovered in a Wal-Mart bathroom...

I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Yeah, Zak..I'm with you, bud. I knew there was something weird going on with these people. They're hooking up in the Wal-Mart bathroom. That explains so much. Damn people, at least have the decency to do your shit at the rest stops like the rest of us!
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

What's more, I ain't crazy 'bout that "Dave in The Morning" stuff. I kinda got the dibs on that, you know?
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Because "(Name) in the Morning" is a Logan County original!

:lol:
lovetalkradio

Post by lovetalkradio »

Uncle Shishkabob:

I started to listen to talk radio because of Dimitri. Before Dimitri, I never knew there was an AM side to radio. You are right, Dimitri is more drive time material, but he may not want to or able to work 3pm-6pm and could be the reason for the 10am-12pm rumor.

Greg Goodfellow:

Bloomquist is sophomoric and fun, but can be very professional. One show he may have strippers on and the next show he could have a politician and ask the hard questions.

smokin gun:
If Bloomer is smart, he could use the WTRF-WWVA relationship like Letterman used the GE-CBS relationship. It's sad what WTRF has become. I think the last two ratings they got 0.

Crusader1980
I listened to the Wal-Mart bit back in the 1290 AM days as I would listen to Dimitri then go to Bloomer. The Wal-Mart bit was pretty funny and it was one of the first shows I heard.

KKX just needs to go hire outside the circle. They sat around and got fat and happy when WWVA went away from local talk. Nothing against the Broadcast, but it was clear more than a year ago the show was going no where fast and sadly it is still around. When Kellas got sick they did not hire anyone. Now Kellas is back they lose Bloomer. They needed to hire one or two on air personalities and why they have not is one of two things

#1. Money is tight
or
#2. They don't trust anyone and won't hire outside the click.

I have noticed if you want to get on air on WKKX just advertise with them. It would seem the best way an outsider can get air time and even start to fill in.

Jeffers show (12pm-3pm) is not bad, he just needs a good producer who can interact with him. Jeffers knows how to have fun, and talks a little bit about everything.

Mother/Teddy could be good once they get some time behind them. The odd thing is if Bloomer left because the owner wanted him to tone it down then Mother/Teddy may not be the best to tone it down. My guess there was more to Bloomer leaving than content of Bloomer's show.
Last edited by lovetalkradio on Thu May 31, 2007 12:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
takemetoemstar

Post by takemetoemstar »

lovetalkradio has to be on of the smartest ppl in here...... hits the nail on the head with comments...... as far as kkx hiring anyone big., no way, if you know anything about the business you know their monthly's are total crap. listen to the stopsets, they are all promos or trade.
blom got out in time, as long as they let JB have any say in anything, they are doomed.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

lovetalkradio wrote:I have noticed if you want to get on air on WKKX just advertise with them.
:lol:
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Damn, you mean OTHER people have used _____ in the morning? Guess I gotta go with another name now.

Big Poppa Dave (in the morning).

LOVIN' IT
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

I started my drive to work listening to 1600 when I heard jb say hang on we are going to break big announcement forthcoming, I switched to 1170, thankfully my radio was still programmed for this station, I honestly haven't listened to them since 1600 started. I will now listen to 1170, hopefully they will have something worth listening to in the 10:00 to 12:00 slot. The broadcast is truly unbearable. Bloomquist will flourish @ 1170 and crush 1600 GO DAVE :D
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

From WWVA's website...

Local Talk is Back on WWVA
Thursday 05-31-2007 7:45am ET

Local talk is back on The Big One, and The Bloomdaddy Experience has a new home! Listen every weekeday morning to 1170 WWVA for Bloomdaddy and a cast of thousands! It covers local and national news, politics, sports, entertainment, and everything in between. The show is also very listener driven, so if you have something on your mind, don't hesitate....call! 1-800-624-1170, or 232-WWVA.

Daily Features include:
6:25am-TV News
7:07am-Dirt Nap of the Day
7:25am-Movie News
7:50am-Celebrity Slam
8:07am-The Bloomdaddy Rewind
8:50am-Redneck Rampage with Earl Pitts

There's also a lot of hard hitting and entertaining weekly features:
-Monday at 7:35am-What's the Buzz. This is where you call in and tell Bloomdaddy what's going on in your county.
-Tuesday at 8:35am-Radio Graffiti. You know what it is, and now it's back on WWVA.
-Wednesday at 8:35am-Political Paparazzi. Bloomdaddy and a panel of local experts discuss local and national politics
-Thursday at 8:35am-What's Your Story? Bloomdaddy throws a dart at a map, and if he lands on your town, call in and he'll give you your 11 minutes of Fame on 1170
-Friday-Freaky Friday. There's really no words to describe it, so just listen!

Make sure you bookmark this page for more Bloomdaddy online....we'll be posting show recaps, audio clips, and more! And if you have something you'd like Bloomdaddy to look into, call or shoot him an e-mail: bloomdaddy@clearchannel.com.
The Snake

Post by The Snake »

Congratulations to Bloomer! Finally saw that Fitz and Kel-ass didn't think he was worth anything!

Typical Kel-ass move. He as alienated many of his so called friends over the years. If you don't play it Kel-ass way, then he tells ya to hit the bricks. "Sorry PP, sorry Dave Fitz just won't pay you"

Not to mention Fitz is so cheap. F'n guy is a millionaire, yet hordes his cash and act's like Joe Pesci in the movie The Super. One of many Wheeling slum landlord's.

6-9am Well I can always listen to Howard's west coast feed. Got to love Howard on Sirius daily replays :wink:

Going to give freaky Friday a listen to tomorrow. Might has well, I mean with Howard on vacation and being Bloomers first Friday on 1170. :D
lovetalkradio

Post by lovetalkradio »

A good move by KKX who FINALLY went outside the circle to and hired someone. Steve Novotny is now a fill in guy for KKX. This move should have happened six months ago, but better late than never.

Listened to Bloomer today, he did not miss a beat. That 50,000 watt animal is going to get Bloomer to many more people. KKX is not going against Quinn and Rose, Bloomer is a bigger and better animal and KKX is in for a fight they never seen before. Should make for good morning radio in the valley.
The Snake

Post by The Snake »

A good move by KKX who FINALLY went outside the circle to and hired someone. Steve Novotny is now a fill in guy for KKX. This move should have happened six months ago, but better late than never.

Novotny on KKX! LOL Dave in Krogers...I mean Steubenville, is going to love that! Dave, not to mention Kel-ass and other KKX-ers,trashed Novothy on a daily basis!

Now they will have to support him! :lol:

Valley soap opera, ya got to love it!
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

[moderator hat]

Gettin' close to doing some editing....don't go messin' up the best Wheeling thread maybe in the history of the board.....

[/moderator hat]
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Arp2 wrote:[moderator hat]

Gettin' close to doing some editing....don't go messin' up the best Wheeling thread maybe in the history of the board.....

[/moderator hat]

I'm with Arp on this one. This would have been the only Wheeling thread to survive the shit stick had it not been suddenly overtaken by a satellite radio infomercial.
Crusader1980

Post by Crusader1980 »

Snake, you coward. I sat next to Steve today for three hours, and we actually agreed on many subjects.
I thought you said you did not listen to earth bound radio. Seems to me if you knew about my calls to Steve, you had to have been listening.
Oh wait, you must have heard us while at work. Is not that always your excuse? Try again.

I may be a part of "happy hour", on a regular basis. Should you like to come on air, we can discuss your talk-show envy.

Now go back to sticking pins in your George Kellas vodoo doll you dolt.