MTVs Buck Wild will take place in Sissonville and Charleston

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

CoolBreeze

MTVs Buck Wild will take place in Sissonville and Charleston

Post by CoolBreeze »

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- MTV hopes a new "reality" show set in West Virginia will find "Jersey Shore" success, but state officials aren't on board with the idea.

"Buck Wild" will star a group of friends and recent high school graduates in rural West Virginia, according to TV Guide.

The show, "will include a wide range of kids across the socio-economic strata -- from the more well off kids living 'up in the hills' to the working-class kids down 'in the holler,'" according to TV Guide.

Filming of "Buck Wild" will take place in Sissonville and Charleston, among other possible locations, Haynes said. She said she could not reveal details about the company's application, but said all applicants must give a general synopsis of their production's theme.

MTV programming head David Janollari told TV Guide "these budding adults take part in regional pastimes like mud racing, squirrel hunting and rope swinging."

According to a news release from MTV about the show's cast, "Whether they're working local jobs, studying in college or just getting by, they share a deep pride in contemporary small-town American life and a passion for living it to the fullest while making up their own rules as they go."

Production for "Buck Wild" is expected to begin in the spring, an MTV spokeswoman said Monday. According to TV Guide, a presentation reel was already shot earlier this year.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201111210209
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
Greg Goodfellow

Re: MTVs Buck Wild will take place in Sissonville and Charle

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

From the Charleston Gazette:

"The legislation is clear that a production company can't participate in the program if it shows West Virginia in a derogatory manner," Haynes said.

Yup. God bless this production company, which chose not to go to Kentucky, Alabama, or Mississippi, but wants to come to "Almost Heaven" to ONCE AND FOR ALL remove all stereotypes we have selfishly assigned to ourselves, in order to bring Jay Rockefeller here so he could save us from ourselves! Remember=our crack team of scientists somehow kept Robert Byrd alive (somewhat) so he could fulfill his mission...to have every building and bridge named after him. He came THIS CLOSE (to paraphrase Don Adams/Maxwell Smart in "Get Smart")! Now-were they successful in 'cloning' him! If so, OH, JOY!

:lol:
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen