Rep's Rock And Roll Repository: The 1970's

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Hoosier Daddy

Re: Rep's Rock And Roll Repository: The 1970's

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

CoolBreeze wrote:What in Gods name IS this crap? :?

Seriously Dude, this topics been at the top for 3 months now and only a few people have responded. Doesn't that tell you anything? Let other have a shot of INTERESTING topic for a change.
Wow. So much I could say here.

Something about posting a near-continuous stream of uninteresting threads that almost never get any responses.
And heckling another poster about his contributions just before he was almost killed in a house fire.
And then heckling about the local TV news post that detailed the fire itself.

But I won't go there.

Scott, give yourself a few weeks away from the board, then come back and pick up where you left off.

Those who don't want to read (or hear) this material can simply skip over it.
Just like changing the channel on the radio or television.

Carry on.

:(
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Ok... here's my response:

First: I didnt say a word about the fire or person involved. I chastised THE COVERAGE. I guess that's not allowed?
And how in the hell was I supposed to know that the guys house was going to catch fire? That's pretty low to bring this up when it had nothing to do with the topic... THEN or now.

I foolishly assumed that this forum was "mostly" for Show Prep and Misc. I have tried to post (for the most part) topics that could actually be used by those who make their living behind the mic.

The interesting thing that I've found over the years on this forum is that it's basically a free for all, the dumber the better, and more often than not a personal stage for just a very few people. Almost a personal website. They dont want to seem to allow others to go to the top of the list.... ever.

Now, there would be nothing wrong with this IF this message board had a section for that... like most other boards do. It's usually called ANYTHING GOES.

I simply dont understand what in the hell obscure video's of songs that no one has ever heard on the air has anything to do with show prep. But even THAT'S not what I find odd: The fact that it's been at the top of the forum for 3 months with only a few responses is what I dont understand.

Here's the bottom line: MY MISTAKE. I thought the forum for EVERYONE, and not just 2 or three people who stay at the top for months and years at a time.
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Jerry,

The forum **is** for everyone. But out of 40 topics listed on the Show Prep index page, you originated 19 of them. That's almost 50%. Scott started 6 threads (4 are his various music lists grouped by decade) and I started one thread, which was the list of 123 great oldies you don't hear on the radio anymore. I don't think you've been slighted in your access to this board.

I don't want to beat this to death, but if you aren't interested in the topic, then don't click on it. I don't want to read about someone farting in a Charleston IHOP or learn that my penis may be worth $5 million an inch in California. Unless you're Howard Stern, that isn't show prep. I can buy the National Enquirer at the grocery store.

:)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

OK... as the Ihop was breaking NEWS.... I foolishly assumed that ON AIR PEOPLE MIGHT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT.

As it's quite obvious that this message board (at least this forum) has nothing to do with what it says it's for, I'm gonna let you have it.

My suggestion before I leave is that you install another forum just for bullshit, as most other message boards have.

Have a good one! :D
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker