Man dies in aisle of local Target store on Black Friday

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

CoolBreeze

Man dies in aisle of local Target store on Black Friday

Post by CoolBreeze »

Man dies in aisle of Target store on Black Friday forcing shoppers to go around him

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- The wife of a Logan County pharmacist who died after collapsing while shopping in South Charleston on Black Friday said he loved to shop for Christmas.

Walter Vance, 61, of Chapmanville, collapsed just after midnight Friday at Target in The Shops at Trace Fork on Corridor G, said Lynn Vance.

Walter Vance had a history of heart problems and had undergone bypass surgery about 10 years ago, Lynn Vance said.

Some media outlets that reported on Walter Vance's death said a number of shoppers continued by him and did not stop to check on him after he collapsed.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201111250135
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
weaver

Re: Man dies in aisle of local Target store on Black Friday

Post by weaver »

Oh come on, someone has to say it: Shop till you drop! (Just don't count on your fellow shoppers to demonstrate a shred of humanity if you do).
genlock

Post by genlock »

Did the other shoppers loot his early-bird bargains?
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

FARK accepted my byline:

Shoppers step over dead man's body in mad rush for Black Friday bargains. Hey, a deal's a deal.
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker