New WV driver's license requirements

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

CoolBreeze

New WV driver's license requirements

Post by CoolBreeze »

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- If you can't lay your hands on your original Social Security card, you might begin planning to get a replacement.

On Jan. 3 -- just three weeks from now -- if you want to renew your West Virginia driver's license or get a new one, you will have to show an original Social Security card, a wage and tax statement with your Social Security number on it, or a Social Security Administration Form 1099.

The Social Security identification is just one requirement in a program known as Real ID, a highly secure driver's licensing system.

"Real ID means when you come in to get your driver's license renewed or for a new issue, you must satisfy three requirements," said state Division of Motor Vehicles Commissioner Joe Miller.

"One is proof of identification -- a birth certificate, a valid U.S. passport, or, of foreign-born, unexpired Homeland Security documents.

"The second is proof of your Social Security number." That proof must be your original card, a wage and tax statement with your Social Security number on it, or a Social Security Administration Form 1099, which is a benefits form.

"Those are the only three things that will satisfy proof of your Social Security number," Miller said.

"The third is you have to prove you are a resident of the state."

Two proofs of West Virginia residency with address and name will be required.

"That can be a utility bill, a tax record, mortgage documents, a W-2 form, a valid DMV registration card with the correct address on it, a voter's registration card, a homestead exemption tax form, proof of West Virginia public assistance, or a rental or lease document."

There are 1.4 million registered license drivers in West Virginia. A license is valid for five years and expires on the holder's birthday. That means about 23,000 licenses will need to be renewed every month for the next five years.

"This will be huge on Jan. 3," Miller said. "This is real. It's not something we're just talking about. You've got to think ahead if you don't have a Social Security card."

It currently takes about two weeks to get a Social Security card replaced, Miller said.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201112090171
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
Tom Taggart

Re: New WV driver's license requirements

Post by Tom Taggart »

"It currently takes about two weeks to get a Social Security card replaced, Miller said."

Or 15 minutes with a color printer...
genlock

Post by genlock »

Kinda screwed if you are in witness protection.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
lastone

Post by lastone »

When Obama signs into law the new Homeland bill that alows Americans to be indefinitely detained by the military without warrant or trial, we will be living in 1938 Germany.

And no one cares......

When will they come for YOU?

(No, this is not a joke. The media is ignoring it completely.)
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

They already stole 60% of my Social Security from me. From about $500 to less than $200. That's communism at it's finest. You'll be next...
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker